Saturday, June 6, 2009

Homemaking skills


For Activity Days the week before mother's day, the girls had a mother-daughter activity where Sarah learned how to sew a pillow case. Kate was sick that day. She was so excited. She has helped me cut out pattern pieces before but hadn't used the machine yet. I got a new sewing machine and she wants me to let her have my old one. I love how excited she gets to do new things.



Sarah has been wanting me to teach her how to knit. I decided to teach her how to crochet first so she could learn the hand posititon easier. I taught her the chain stitch and as most of you who crochet know, when you learn how to chain stitch, you don't stop. She kept going until she ran out of yarn. Now I just need to teach her the next step.

1 comment:

Susan said...

A new machine?? What did you get?