Friday, July 1, 2011

1st 1/2 marathon


OK so I'm being brave by titling this my 1st 1/2 marathon. I thought I would never do one again but I know I will. I thought I would never want to do a full marathon but I know I will. The journey to get to this point was something unbelievable. I just can't express how much it has changed my life.
I started running because I thought "everyone I know that runs, loses weight". Well, now that's me. I'm not done yet but I have lost 43 lbs and am still going. A little slower now but I am not stopping. An object in motion stays in motion. I've got inertia now baby!
On Feb 21st, 2011, Presidents Day, I and my loving husband and "coach" finished 13.2 miles. I "ran" almost all of it. Every mile after the 2nd, I walked for about 2 min. then started "running" again. I put "running" in quotes because it is really "jogging" but I like to act like one of the big boys. One day, I will really be running. That is my next goal, to get faster. Now that I have finished this half marathon, I know that I can set a goal and reach it, so watch out I might just be a blur running past you one day, one day long into the future.

As you can see, this was a family event. Justin and Sarah also did the half marathon. Justin all ready being "Half Fanatic" and this was the start of Sarah's "Half Fanatic" qualifications.

No comments: