Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Justin's Order of the Arrow Ordeal

So my oldest son was elected to be in an elite group of the boy scouts called Order of the Arrow. He was so excited and it really is an honor to be elected by your fellow scouts. He had to go for a weekend ordeal where they send them out into the woods by themselves without a tent and only minimal food. They can't talk for 24 hrs and they have to do a service project the whole next day without talking and very little food, again. I mention the very little food twice because, as most people know, teenage boys can eat us all out of our food budgets. Justin is no exception. He left feeling very excited.

When he came back he looked so much older to me and he said, "Mom, I had a great time but I can only tell you about half of what we did." They are very secretive about what goes on in the Order of the Arrow but I do know that it left a great impression on him and it's an experience that he will never forget.

3 comments:

Brigette said...

Congratulations Justin!!

Sharon said...

that's awesome .. congrats!

Julie Cabitto said...

Congratulations Justin! I could never camp without a tent and on little food. You're a great camper & scout!