Saturday, August 8, 2009

55 Cents for Cereal!



A friend of mine here in Maple Valley introduced me to a new way of grocery shopping (thanks Rachel). I have been catching great deals here and there but today I had my biggest shopping trip. After 10 transactions and 3 trips to the car (because I couldn't fit it all in the cart), I got cereal for 55 cents a box! I bought 90 boxes of cereal! It doesn't expire until Nov. 2010 so with four kids and a husband that likes cereal a lot, we will eat it all. I'm not even sure that is a years supply as much as my family likes cereal. It was fun, exhilarating and I got kudos from all the cashiers. It was like getting an A on a test. Can I post my receipts on the refrigerator to show off? My friend describes it as a "high". I never liked grocery shopping before but it has become an adventure and I love it now!

4 comments:

Sarah J. said...

WAY TO GO!!! I love grabbing amazing deals like that- it IS a high! I plan on going Monday again to Albertsons to do quite the same... which one did you go to? Will there be any cereal left?!? ;)

Rachel A said...

Way to go my young prodigy. If anyone wants to know where to get the best deal on the cereal...check out my blog www.cloud9couponing.blogspot.com

Zappe Family said...

Congrats on your sweet finds! That's awesome! I went last week and picked up 9 boxes...that's nothing compared to your 90! :)

Frankie and Krista said...

I think in my house that would be a 2 year supply. Boston is our only big cereal eater. Nice find!!!