Sunday, October 16, 2011

"Before" and "After" - yes again, but different!



Here's another take on the "Before" and "After"
Warning, this isn't pretty! This post is no judgement on anyone else. This is a reflection on myself and a revelation to myself.

"Before"
High School Graduation

"After" I look like I'm 9 months pregnant here but, in fact, I am not pregnant, AT ALL.


My husband"s aunt was so excited for my last post about losing 50 lbs. She noted that I said I didn't have very many pictures of myself from when I was that big. She emailed me and asked if I wanted some pictures, later telling me that she was worried I would be offended. I actually was so excited! When I saw this picture of me in the red, I was horrified. Maybe if someone had showed me this picture four years ago, I would have started this sooner!
Everyone says that you should pick a picture of you when you were skinny and put it up and look at it and it will inspire you. Well, this picture from my high school graduation has been on my refrigerator for probably 5 or more years and guess what, it didn't inspire me. It actually made me feel like a failure, like I could never make it back to that size.
Well, for one thing, I am not 17 anymore! I am 37, do the math, that's 20 years! Of course, I'm never going to look like that again. But I will tell you one thing, I never want to look like that girl from 2007 again. This is my new inspiration. I can remind myself why I am doing this and hopefully it will keep me going. That's my latest strategy:)







1 comment:

Cara said...

And BJ probably looked at that HS picture and got depressed that he'd never have that hair again. Oh well! I actually don't think I want to look like my 17 year old self anyway - too young. 27 maybe...