Sunday, November 6, 2011

Unstoppable


This has been my theme song for awhile. I just love the message it gives. Rascal Flatts rewrote their popular song for the Olympics. I do not dare compare myself to Olympic Athletes but we actually do have something in common. I will not stop. Like the postman, through wind, snow, rain, cold, ice, heat.
Trials come our way. I have been faced with many in the last couple weeks!
1. I have extreme pain that I am dealing with in my shoulder and have been put on lots of medicines that don't really seem to help. Running causes the whole body to experience a jolt everytime you take a step. Needless to say, it is not very comfortable with this shoulder pain. The pain that my shoulder feels is nothing compared to the disappointment I had the one day I decided to walk instead of run. I felt like I was letting this stop me and I am UNSTOPPABLE, so I decided not to let this pain get the best of me. I have a friend and a brother that deal with extreme pain every day due to diseases that they have. They are an inspiration to me! If they can deal with this, so can I. I have 6 days left until my half marathon and I have not let this pain keep me from my training workouts.
2. I have been very involved in a musical that I did the choreography for. The last two weeks, we have had practice almost every night. I also run a preschool out of my home. I volunteer at the school and at my church and of course have numerous responsibilities as a mother and wife. I decided a couple weeks ago that if I was going to be able to fit in these workouts, I would have to put them on my calendar. This was one of the best things I could have done. One day I had to get my oil changed. It was a very busy day so I just dropped my car off at Jiffy Lube and went for a run on the trail by the Jiffy Lube. I had to fit these runs in, wherever I could. I am UNSTOPPABLE!
3. When you have personal problems that come up, they can be very discouraging. I will not discuss this particular personal problem, because, well, it's personal:) We all have those moments that are just really difficult to deal with. Sometimes we feel like just crawling back in bed and curling up with a good book or a good movie. I have learned a much better cure for these frustrating, sad, painful feelings. I have discussed this before on Facebook. It's my addiction to LSD (Long Slow Distance). There is something about running a long time that releases a lot of the stress. I've heard many people say there is a chemical reaction in the body also. I don't know all the scientific facts behind it but I can tell you that I definitely feel the benefits. If I am sad, frustrated, mad or worried, I just go for a long run and I somehow feel better, I feel UNSTOPPABLE!
4. I would be ungrateful if I didn't point out that I have been blessed with wonderful friends and a wonderful husband, who have supported me and have offered help without me even asking. I can't do all this alone. I am so grateful to my wonderful husband and those friends who have brought me dinner and flowers and called to see if my kids need rides, etc.
So, in 6 days, I will be ready for my second 1/2 marathon. I know I will improve my time and I know that I will be UNSTOPPABLE!
Oh and by the way, in the last 3 weeks, with all this stress and medicine, I have still lost another 2.2 lbs! It's slow but steady. I'll take it:)

1 comment:

debi said...

Watch out world! I'm excited to hear all about your half. Dish the details on your next post, I want to read all about it.

I am so so sorry about your shoulder. Hot rice bag, moist heat then ice. :)

Good luck!